Dicota Universal USB-C Notebook Charger and Backpack Roller PRO Review
Dicota are a very sleek brand and offer a range of different kinds of items. But they all stick with the business professional feel and the sleek overall design. As someone who has to travel a lot, I was more then happy to try out their Backpack Roller Pro, and their USB-C Charger.
Universal USB-C Notebook Charger
For my job I often have to travel between the UK and France. I have to bring my mobile, laptop, tablet and work phone. This is a lot of electric devices, and not enough USB ports on my laptop. This is where the Notebook charger comes into play.
It has 4 USB-A ports with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, allowing me to quickly charge my phones and tablets incredibly quickly, it also features a USB-C port which I can use for my S8. Where this separates itself is the fact that I can also charge my laptop and others as well.
- Experience pure mobility with one singly power supply unit –
- for notebooks, tablets, smartphones and other devices
- 1 x USB-C output with Power Delivery 2.0
- 4 x USB-A output with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology
- 7 notebook connection tips for various models: Acer, ASUS, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Microsoft Surface, Samsung, Toshiba and more
- Efficient and preservative charging with 80 W output-power
- Output voltage (5 – 20 V) and charging current (up to 3.5 A) adapt themselves automatically to the connected devices
- Protection against over current, over voltage, short circuit and over-temperature
- Elegant design, compact shape and only 240 grams in weight
You get a USB-A cable with a weird end, this is for plugging into the various tips for laptops that come with the device. But don’t worry if yours isn’t there, as more can be ordered with Dicota. I now just need to carry this small portable block, and some cables, instead of my whole power brick and the components of that just for my laptop.
As a traveller and even just to have at my desk this is pretty cool. Just unplug and you can charge 5 devices including a bloody laptop!=
Backpack Roller PRO
As I said, I travel frequently back and forth to France. So I am always looking out for the next best carrying device. Thats what drew me to the Backpack Roller Pro, not only is it a roller case, but it can also be a backpack too!
The backpack component rocks some padded shoulder straps, and are very comfortable to use when carry it around on your back. The straps can then be zipped away and concealed, then allowing you to pull out the two stage handle. This whole “transformation” takes a matter of seconds.
- Conforms to the IATA cabin recommendations
- Lockable notebook compartment with High-Density Foam and tie-down-strap for maximum protection
- Padded slip pocket for iPad and other tablets up to 12,9″
- Front pocket with key ring
- Passport pouch with RFID scan protection for personal data
- Smart inner cable management for mobile charging of your devices
- Generous main compartment with fixation straps for clothes, shoes and accessories
- Built-in wet pocket for toiletries or used laundry
- Robust, two-stage telescopic handle
- Easy-running and quiet wheels (replaceable)
- Cover to cap trolley wheels while using as a backpack
- Pack away, cushioned shoulder straps
- Built-in address tag.Hard-wearing, water-repellent material
- Volume: 40 litre
You can fit laptops up to 17.3″ and they are cushioned inside the case with two layers of foam. There is also a nice little slip pockets for tablets, which was excellent for me. The front then offers lots of pockets for all travelling documents and any accessories.
There are also some cabling holes, allowing you to charge devices in various sections with a power bank. Then there is also a RFID blocker pocket for your passport. This is built for the business traveller and is now a part of my travelling.