Digical – Review
I know people aren’t fans of the “Alternative” app. On the surface Digical looks like another alternative app. But when you open it and start using it, you’ll realise its a sleek, easy to navigate app, with some great features and a fantastic widget gallery. With its recent jump to the stable V1, the app is a lot more polished since I last review it.
One great feature is the integration with Google Now (Android 4.1+). This allows your phone to know where you need to go and will notify you of any traffic problems, or anything else that may stop you from your meeting. I tested this with an installation at work. I had to be at work for 8:30 on Friday, I was notified that a train was delayed and this allowed me to get an earlier one to help make my appointment time.
DigiCal also offers integrated weather forecast in its calender views, this is then shown by nice little icons for each day. I always find these integrations offer more information than needed, and Digical is no exception offering detailed weather information such as humidity, precipitation, cloud coverage, pressure, wind and sunset and sunrise are also shown in the dedicated weather page. The weather forecasts are shown for three days, while the premium weather subscription provides weather forecast up to 15 days, an interactive temperature and precipitation graph and a slide menu bar for managing multiple weather locations.
Digical Offers –
• Integrated weather forecast available in all calendar views and widget types
• Stylish and intuitive user interface in Holo dark and light theme
• 6 unique calendar views (day, week, agenda, month, text month and list)
• 5 beautiful and fully customizable widgets (list, grid, day, day list, month)
• Smart action bar for quick editing, moving, copying, pasting and deleting events
• Built-in location search for quickly adding locations to your events
• Google Now (Android 4.1+) support, notifies you when it’s time to leave by planning your route, checking traffic and calculating your travel time
• Improved notifications with shortcuts for snooze, map and navigation
• Event pop-up makes it easy to go through your individual events
• Fully compatible with any device running Android 2.2 or higher
I loved Digical when I first saw it and I’m really liking this new release. Its a detailed and heavy with features, making it a great alternative to Sense/Google Calendar.