Jabra Elite Sport True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Review
I love the freedom of Bluetooth earphones, but I am getting a little fed up with the tangle of wires, the fact they get stuck on the back of my neck and the mass of cables when charging them. So I thought I’d give these Jabra Elite Sport Earbuds a go, they are “True” wireless, which means they are single earbuds for each ear.
They are also the best reviewed true wireless earbuds I have seen around. After attempting with 4 other different brands, these are my last ditch attempt.
They arrive with a modern looking charging box. This has a non-slip plastic top, which when opened shows the two earbuds. They each have connectors, allowing them to to be charged in the box! This means I can carry and charge them with me. The box is charged via micro-USB, using the cable included.
There are two green LEDs to indicate that the earbuds are charging. I was disapointed to see no magntics in the box, which means that if you open it upside down, they will (and have) fall out.
The box itself can hold 4 charges, and as the headphones have 180 mins of battery each, that’s a lot of battery power. Then when at home I can just click them in the box and charge them, and the box.
They fitted in my ears really well but came with additional buds encase I had any fitting issues. These use the Bluetooth 4.1, which I think helped with what I think has been the best conenction for any true wireless earbuds I have used. They had a snug fit in my ears, and I could move my head all around, walk into a room, and still here the smooth sounds of The Spinners.
The sound was pretty good too, with very little sound bleeding.
- True wireless smart earbuds
- Waterproof up to 1 metre
- Jabra Sport Life for Apple iOS and Android
- Bluetooth version: 4.1
- Music and calls: Elite Sport is compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices, including Apple iPhone, Android, and Windows devices.
- Performance tracking: Elite Sport is compatible with Bluetooth smart ready devices supporting Apple iOS and Android.
- Talk/music time (with or without tracking): Up to 4.5 hours continuous play time
- Charging case provides additional 2 full charges of up to 13.5 hours
- Bespoke bass-enriched speakers with 20 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range
- Passive noise cancellation
- HearThrough channelling external ambient noise into earbuds for awareness
- Advanced calling with 4 x digital MEMS microphones with advanced noise cancellation technology
- Microphone sensitivity: -38 dBV/Pa
- Microphone frequency range: 100 Hz to 10 kHz
- General controls: volume, HearThrough, pair mode, Siri / Google Now activation
- Music controls: play, pause, track forward, track backward.
- Call controls: call answer, end, reject.
- Tracking controls: open Jabra Sport Life App, start/stop and pause work-out, real time coaching feedback
- Clinical grade in-ear heart rate monitor
- TrackFit motion counting sensor [tri-axis accelerometer]
- 3 sizes of earwings (S, M, L)
- 3 sizes of silicone eargels (S, M, L)
- 3 sizes of foam tips (S, M, L)
- Waterproof rated to IP67
These come in at £226, which I understand is not a purchase to take lightly. These have been the best true wireless earphones I have ever used. I have experienced no break in connection, no problems with sound and battery has been great for my needs.