UNLOCKING YOUR DEVICE
Your MOTOROLA device has a fully optimized, certified and tested version of Android.
Unlocking the bootloader will allow you to make modifications to your phone that could damage it irreparably. If you are not aware of these risks, we recommend you DO NOT unlock your device.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Prior to unlocking, you will need to:
- Check whether your device can be unlocked
- Install fastboot and the Android SDK
- Install the latest Motorola USB Drivers
- Verify fastboot recognizes your device
- Sign a warranty waiver and release
Disclaimer…. Blah Blah Blah Blah…. 🙂
Looks like its live now folks and Motorola are providing you with the steps and instructions to unlock your device.
Well done Moto!!
We have no idea regarding your warranty, if by unlocking your phone it gets damaged down the line, if said warranty still stands…. That’s up for discussion.
Go to this link and follow the steps. Thanks to Pete Wheeler from my Google Plus stream.