Huawei today announces its new flagship smartphone range – the P30 Series.
This flagship smartphone is equipped with next generation AI, a Leica quad-camera, and reverse wireless charging capabilities.
During the press conference in Paris, Huawei also announced:
- Huawei FreeLace – wireless earphones that support easy pairing and fast charging
- The all new Active Edition and Elegant Edition Huawei Watch GT
- The availability of Audi Connect Key on the P30 Series, which enables Audi drivers to unlock their vehicle with their phone
- A range of mobile services benefits to every HUAWEI P30 device including increased cloud storage, elegant mobile themes, and exclusive AppGallery gifts
- Huawei Track AI, a partnership with IIS Aragon and DIVE medical to detect and diagnose early signs of visual impairment in children
During an exclusive launch event today at the Paris Convention Centre, Huawei Consumer Business Group unveiled the HUAWEI P30 and HUAWEI P30 Pro. The HUAWEI P30 Series builds on the HUAWEI P Series DNA in design and photography and is the company’s most advanced series of smartphone cameras. These devices feature the innovative HUAWEI SuperSpectrum Sensor, an optical SuperZoom Lens, a new HUAWEI Time of Flight (ToF) Camera, and enhanced optical and AI image stabilisation technology. With these revolutionary technologies, the HUAWEI P30 and HUAWEI P30 Pro capture incredible photos and videos in every scenario.
innovation is core to Huawei’s DNA. The HUAWEI P30 and HUAWEI P30 Pro are packed with industry-leading features that set them apart in power, performance and efficiency:
- The HUAWEI P30 Series is powered by the 7nm Kirin 980 processor, which delivers ultimate performance, top-class efficiency and faster image recognition through its Dual-NPU AI processing power.
- The HUAWEI P30 Series features an Extendable Read-Only File System (EROFS) that improves system responsiveness. The latest EMUI 9.1 also supports HUAWEI Share OneHop for seamless file sharing between Huawei smartphones and Huawei laptops.
- The HUAWEI P30 Pro features a 4200mAh battery (typical value) and 40W HUAWEI SuperCharge that charges a device from zero to 70 percent in 30 minutes, keeping the device powered for more than a full day of intensive work.
- The HUAWEI P30 Pro features HUAWEI SuperCool technology to improve thermal performance, keeping the phone cool even during heavy use.
- The HUAWEI P30 Series is equipped with a suite of advanced wireless communications capabilities supporting Dual SIM and Dual VoLTE connectivity.
Huawei also launched the HUAWEI WATCH GT Active Edition and Elegant Edition, outdoor smart watches featuring ultra-long battery life; HUAWEI FreeLace wireless earphones, which support HUAWEI HiPair for easy pairing and fast charging; and HUAWEI X GENTLEMONSTER EYEWEAR, new smart glasses co-designed with renowned eyewear designer GENTLE MONSTER.
The new HUAWEI P30 and HUAWEI P30 Pro are immediately available globally with pricing information as follows:
|Model||Version||Price (Tax Included)|
|HUAWEI P30 Pro||128GB||GBP 899|
|HUAWEI P30||128GB||GBP 699|
The HUAWEI P30 Pro is also available in a Special Edition Gift Box. This premium set includes a Breathing Crystal or Pearl White HUAWEI P30 Pro and a Pearl Pink Glamorous Case encrusted with Swarovski® crystals.
We’ve got our hands on a review sample here, we’ll publish our review in around three weeks of testing.